Saturday, January 22, 2011
Distance
Distance is said to make the heart grow fonder yet more and more it seems to be ripping people apart. Growing up the only time anyone ever left my life was when a friend would move to another town and yeah that was sad but nothing in comparison to what I feel now. Now friends go to different schools in different states and it is ritualistic for them to come and go. Those who are truly friends keep in contact whether it be skype, or facebook but we have become accustomed to leaving these friends for months on end and just hope the next time we are home we can pick up right where we were. But what about those we care most for? Those we love, who come in and out of our lives because their lives are so far away, Why is leaving them that much harder? And a better question is how do you stay in love with that distance? Sometimes a computer image just isn't enough to suffice though you try to make it be. What's worse is those days when you're reminded of the distance, and that in all actuality you're alone until they return. I'm not saying I need a man in my life every second, it's quiet the contrary actually. I'm extremely independent and always busy, but what's missing is the physical aspect. In the end it's a question of commitment, trust, compatibility, patience, and independence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment