Monday, January 31, 2011

Decisions



So i've been faced with the tough decision of what to do in life. I can either stay at the school I love now or transfer. Here lies the problem, I really do love my school now, and the things I'm learning in my major. However, my major here, Health Promotions and Exercise Science isn't really geared towards my ultimate goal of medical research. So to stay here I would need to either double major with chemistry and have biology as well as chemistry for minors or I can leave and become premed somewhere else. Now not to boost myself up but when I apply myself I'm pretty intelligent and can handle a pretty heavy course load. I guess it becomes a question of what will ultimately be best for me. Making this decision is so frightening to me, and I'm sure similarly plagues other students in my position. When did I grow up? When did I have to start planning out my life? Just 2 years ago I had every meal made for me, let alone every decision. So what changed? I know this is all part of the "maturing process" but I figured there would be some sort of catalyst. I'm not sure if that makes me sound immature or juvenile but I know I'm not the only one who feels like this. I don't know what I'm doing this Thursday but I already know where I want to be in 10 years, how on earth does that make sense? I suppose it will just all fall into place as it always does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment