Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Protection
Protection or safety is one of Maslow's most basic needs within his hierarchy. The feeling of protection or knowing that you are safe is one that is desired, and often unappreciated when one has it. Now don't get me wrong, by no means am I in a dangerous home or dangerous area for that matter. My physical safety is not always at danger nor is it threatened on a regular basis. Nevertheless, there have been times in my life where I have not been safe physically or emotionally because of my own decisions and they people I allowed in my life. The feelings I have now for a special someone are strong, and may be that way because I know there isn't a worry that he would ever raise a hand in anger towards me nor utter a malicious word. These are things I never thought would be such a selling point but has come to be. A true man is big enough to care for a woman, and a true lady is strong enough to stand up for herself and graceful enough to know when to accept shelter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment