Monday, March 7, 2011

A fresh start


In the fashion of spring I find myself at a new beginning. Though spring doesn't technically start until the 20th it is the season to start new. Everyone "spring cleans" and the flowers rebloom. We begin to shed our winter layers and expose what has been hiding. This is true for our hearts as well. No other time than when the weather begins to warm are there more budding romances. It seems as the layers that sheltered us before come off, the ones around our hearts do too. I was always an advocate for love and romance until my heart was broken, and rebroken. Cliche of course. But with the turn of the season I have seen myself opening more and more. Now instead of my original guarded attitude I easily lead with my heart into this relationship. Not only has my heart been rejuvenated just as the budding flowers will soon be, but my mind cleared. Though at first I was timid, I can now see what I left behind was upsetting only because it was so taxing and the norm, not because my heart was in pain. I looked forward to seeing what these next few months hold for me. Hopefully we will blossom into something beautiful and we experience things we never have before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment